1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Defective string???

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Jim11895, May 11, 2010.

1. Jim11895

Jim11895

Dec 10, 2009
    Atlanta
    I need some opinions please. I just put a set of LaBella Deep Talkin stainless flatwounds on my Modulus Flea 5. They sound GREAT, except for the D-string. The other strings sound deep, round, and warm. But the D-string sounds twangy and if you let it ring, the sound wavers or oscillates, as if somehow 2 different notes were being struck at the same time. Anyone ever encounter this before?

I did check the guage of the string with a micometer, and it was correct, and visually the string appears to be normal. I never had this issue with all the other different sets of strings that I've used. This is my first set of LaBella's. Could I have a bum string?

Thoughts?

2. IdealWay

IdealWay

Oct 18, 2006
    Asheville, NC
    It certainly could be a faulty string, this has been known to happen. Did the D-string show the same symptoms with your previous set? I'd contact LaBella and try to get a free replacement, sometimes companies will just send a whole set.