Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Defective TI Powerbass "A" Strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Sanctum, May 13, 2003.

1. Last night I broke an "A" string, it was only two months old. So I figured I'd just replace it out of a set I had from last year - until I noticed that "A" string was missing too. Hmm, I broke the "A" last year? Wonder if my bridge has a spur on it? Wait a minute - I was using the other bass last time!

Anyone else have this problem? They were both Powerbass 5 string sets. This first time I was playing with the metal band, and just figured, ok, I play pretty hard, it was bound to happen. But last night I was jamming with the rock band, and not playing hard at all. I really love these strings, but at the price, I would hope they'd hold up better.

:spit:

2. Thomguy

Thomguy

Oct 15, 2001
    New York, USA
    Sanctum:

I apologize for the inconvenience that receiving defective strings may have caused. I have not had any reports of A's breaking before the others. Since I typically get reports of our strings lasting so long, this is indeed unusual.

Where did you get them? Hopefully it's not old stock from a dealer but if they were old, this doesn't really explain why the A would go; seems more likely that it would be the G.

Where did the strings break; At the ball? Headstock? Same place on both A's?

Call or email me here at the office at your convenience if I can be of assistance here or if you need a replacement:
    1-800-644-5268 kevinr@connollyandco.com ask for Kevin

3. There you go.

Talk about customer service.

Does anyone know any other string manufacturer
    rep.'s hanging out on the boards and then
    providing super service.

I think not.

Thomastik-Infeld is a great company!

It's good to know your here.

4. Thomguy

Thomguy

Oct 15, 2001
    New York, USA
    Thanks, bro! That makes my day!

As always, I invite anyone to call or email directly since I can't lurk on the forum(s) all the time.

5. yep yep, a quick email exchange too! gotta love it.

6. heh, usually I mail order my TI powerbass strings due to lack of availability around here - but today in Guitar Center I saw a set of TI Jazz strings - for a mere $107.00!!!

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario

Ken Smith?