Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Defference between effects patch and line patch?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cliff em'All, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Cliff em'All

Cliff em'All

Sep 27, 2004
    I have a peavey mark VIII amp and i was wondering what the difference between the effects patch and the line patch is ?

thanks

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Do you have an owner's manual...or look for on on www.peavey.com?

My guess would be that the effects patch would be at instrument level (-20 dBV) for stompboxes and the like and the line patch would be upwards of preamp level (+4 dBU) for pro-type rack gear.

3. On some Peaveys--my Databass for example--the Effects Send has a high-pass filter, so the effects only gets anything above 200 hz approximately. The line out would be for a full-range signal.

4. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    An effects loop will have both an input and output; with only a single jack that's done via TRS. The line out won't have provision for a return.

5. Cliff em'All

Cliff em'All

Sep 27, 2004
    hmmmm well for some reason when i plug my effects into the effects patch it makes a really high pitch loud annoying feedback noise! but yet i plug them into the line patch n they work fine? any clue why this could be?