1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

defretting

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by LCW, Mar 11, 2009.

1. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    im sure this topic has been brought up but i cant find it sorry

i got a cheap ion p bass copy for 25$ from a freind well i dont have a fretless so i want to make it one

i know ppl have used binding to feel the slots left by frets but it has to be cut in specefic width etc

soo i want to just fill it i heard using saw dust and wood glue is a good way or wood putty and ?

also what do u use to dye the filled in parts to a rosewood color

i am not looking to make it really pretty i dont care like i said it cost 25$

alos i dont want to spend money on a fret puller so im using regular pliers if that will work

again sorry for the repeat of topic and thanks for the time and any info you TBer's have :)

2. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    ahhhh ha thanks man

3. search - search - search - and then search online outside TB.

4. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    I prefer when people post, because then they get hassled. Amusing.

5. 202dy

202dy Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2006
    First sticky at the top of the Setup & Repair Forum.

6. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
  7. And buy Dan Erlewine's book on guitar repair and maintenance.

As Robert's Redfeet said in Jeremiah Johnson, "That is all you need to know."

8. JLS

JLS

Sep 12, 2008
    Emeryville, Ca
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    Let's see, don't want to use proper tools, spend any money, don't care how it looks--why don't you uses a beltsander, and sand the frets flush?