Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

deftones - bored

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by jaworski, Apr 20, 2003.

1. jaworski

jaworski

Aug 18, 2002
    hey, was wondering if anyone could help me with the chorus of the deftones song, "bored" i just can't seem to really get the chorus down. this is it:

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    |------------6-666-66-6-6-66-5-555-5-55-555---------------6-666-66-6-6-66-5-555-5-55-555-|
    |-5-55-5-------------------------------------------------5-55-5-----------------------------------------------|

if someone could maybe explain it a bit better or has a better version of the chous (it could be wrong) could they please help me, thanks in advance

2. wow my theory of metal bassists writing ridiculous lines is coming more and more true by the day...

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

please... enlighten us on your theroy, I'd love to hear it. Is it all "metal" (the deftones are not metal) bassist right very simple basslines? Riiiiiiiiggghhhttt, Cliff Burton, John Myung, Cpt Opethman, etc.

4. if deftones aren't metal, then what are they (besides terrible)?

5. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    The deftones are classified as metal in a sense. I think they are more rap-rock. And McGee....I dont see you with multi-million dollar deal or touring across america. Your comments are very rude and mean....Someone asks for help on a tab and you diss on something totally off-topic. I hope someone beats the crap out of you or something. Maybe tabcrawler would be a better place for you. Have a nice day. :)

6. jaworski

jaworski

Aug 18, 2002
    yeh i'd hafta agree with darkspec there mcgee just because it's simple doesn't mean it's bad but deftones are not rap-rock, where the hell did you get that from. they've done a total of like 5/6 rap songs in there 8 year career. maybe you should actually listen to their cd's before you try to classify them...

but anyway, who cares, i just want to know the chorus to this song

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ugh... alright... staying off topic for just one more post then I'm done. I personally like Deftones bassist (insert his crazy name here). My own summer has a very solid... yet simple... yet cool bassline. Simplicity is very key sometimes not every song requires a jaco/les claypool/insane bassline.

What are the Deftones? Nu-metal. There is a big difference between Nu-metal and metal in my opinion.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I'm bad with names :p