Deftones Tab

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by whitepony876, May 7, 2001.

1. whitepony876

May 7, 2001
    the deftones tab for digital bath is sooo screwed up on this site, if any fan would know, NO song on white pony is in standard tuning!!! it's all in C
    If ANYONE has the sheetmusic book for white pony PLEASE send me the tab for digital bath!!
  2. Moonraker

Mar 7, 2001
    Half the bass tabs sites are inaccurate so it is best to work it out. Chi's tuning is downtuned , if I play any of the tracks I work it out and play in standard tuning EADG , I can't be bothered with the down tuning. 'Digital bath' is sometimes hard to hear the bass so you should listen carefully.
  3. PuNk BaSSisT

PuNk BaSSisT

May 1, 2001
    How could you do their songs if theirs an open low C in it? I know for a fact that "digital bath" does have the low C in it.

Their really is no other way to play new deftones without downtuning.
  4. he probably just uses the same fingerning, but of course it will sound totally wacked.
  5. Or you play in a different octave.
  6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i play many Deftones songs in one of my bands... i don´t like to detune my bass, so i play the songs one octave up in the E string... sounds great!

also sometimes i use octaver or heavy distortion
  7. Moonraker

Mar 7, 2001
    There are many ways to play downtuned songs without downtuning. As i said , if you read , it is hard to hear the notes on the track , but most of their stuff is fairly basic to play in standard tuning.