1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Deftones

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by starclown, Sep 6, 2000.

1. What do you guys think of Chi Cheng the bassist from the Deftones?

2. killer B

killer B

Apr 18, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    I think he's good. He supports the songs really well. I really like parts he plays on tunes like My own summer, and track 8 on around the fur(can't think of the title at the moment) He also gets some of the most wicked sounding bass distortion I've ever heard. I saw them live a few weeks ago and they were killer!

3. He´s a killer bassist! I´m actually listening to deftones as these words are written... :)

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    yeah. i like that line from 7 words.
    i play it with my friends cover band, it´s hipnotic!

5. DownCaster

DownCaster

Aug 22, 2000
    i think that they are a kool band but i have mixed feelings about the bass player. he is kool...but all he really does is follow the guitar player. if he threw a lil more in other than just following the guitar player i would respect him more.

but on the other hand my own summer is fun as hell to play. wish my hand would cooperate with me for roots. i wanna finish off by saying that Deftones are great and that is one of the bands that my band covers (meaning that i like them...even though i sometimes feel forced to like some bands :D)