Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Defy You" tabs

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Spleef420, Dec 19, 2001.

1. Spleef420

Spleef420

Dec 18, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    I've looked at dozens of sites with bass tablature but none of them have The Offspring's new song "Defy You". can someone help me out with this?

2. sorry, I can't help you, but consider this... It's really not that hard to figure it out. Just try it. How do you think tabs get there?

3. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    tabs are bad for you. theyve been known to cause cancer in lab rats

4. i got tab for you

L-----------------------------------------------------
    E-----------------------------------------------------
    A-----------------------------------------------------
    R-----------------------------------------------------
    N-----------------------------------------------------
    I-----------------------------------------------------
    T-----------------------------------------------------
    Y-----------------------------------------------------
    O-----------------------------------------------------
    U-----------------------------------------------------
    R-----------------------------------------------------
    S-----------------------------------------------------
    E-----------------------------------------------------
    L-----------------------------------------------------
    F-----------------------------------------------------

5. Spleef420

Spleef420

Dec 18, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    if i knew how to play i would learn it myself...i just started so that makes it a little difficult or have you forgotten what it was like to be learning how to play.

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    nah, i didnt forget what its like to learn how to play. In fact I used to learn nothing but covers and use tabs alot. But 15 years later I look back on all that and realize, thats not really learning IMO, I shouldve broken away from the tabs and covers 14 years ago and started learning standard notation and theory. My moral here is if you think its difficult now, just wait and see how difficult it becomes down the road when you dont know how to pick a song apart by ear, or cant play a complex line because you dont know theory behind the changes. And breaking bad habits is alot harder when youve been playing awhile. Trust me I know this from experience.

If your new to bass, save a few bucks and find yourself a good teacher and learn from him, as well as buy a method book or 2.

Ok Ill shut up and stop preaching now.

7. Spleef420

Spleef420

Dec 18, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    first, thank you for not being a total ass like Mr. "learnityourself", if you learned how to play bass yourself then props to you, if you took lessons!@#$% off.

second, i want to learn how to play and not just emulate but it takes money that i don't have.

third, by utilizing the resources at hand (tab) i can eventually learn how to make my own riffs (i have a couple but they aren't quite ready for the public yet)

8. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    tabs arenet going to teach you anything, the are bad