Deitz Cabinets.....-sniff- does anybody care..-sniff-

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KlarkKent, Apr 28, 2002.

1. KlarkKent

Dec 17, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Boo Hoo......12 views and no posts....!!
    wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaa.....who will help me?

Found a solid looking 2x12 cabinet...Deitz was the was manufactured in Austin, TX. That's all I could tell. Are they worth the salt, cause the price sure was.

and while your thinking about that....what do you think is better a Carvin DCM 1000 watt power amp or a QSC USA 800 watt...(both the same price) this a good deal

QSC USA 900 watt power amp $250.00??

Let me know guys.

Klark Kent
  2. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    OK. I'm somewhat familiar with Dietz. They make a very well made cab that sounds pretty darn good and they are sometimes found in pawn shops for great prices. If you found one reasonably priced, buy it. If you need new drivers, put some EV's in and you've gotten a good cab cheap. On the QSC, that sounds reasonable. I bought the USA 850 for $250 and I think it's a pretty good piece of equipment. No frills; clean power.
    Hope this helps,
  3. KlarkKent

Dec 17, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Thanks For responding!!!!!!!!

How does $100.00 sound....I think that's a good price.
  4. mecha hooch

mecha hooch Guest

Jan 15, 2002
    uses these cabinets...never played thur em' but heard em' live when the jesus lizard played jacksonville...but 100 should even think about it...if you dont want em' buy em' then i'll buy em' from you
  5. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    Deitz got a website?
  6. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    I think they went out of business. Not sure, though.
  7. beyondthe48

beyondthe48 Guest

Apr 29, 2007
  8. pedulla-2007

Sep 2, 2008
    These are very similar to Joe's Pro cabinets, and are built like tanks. I paid 250.00 apiece back in1976 and loaded them with JBL E-140's, and this has been my go to play outdoor venues with. Instructions state that depending on how you stack the ports gives you a different sound. I have 2 of them and I put the ports together. You can't see the other 15 in the picture but there are 2 of them to the right. Maybe I should get off here and go to CL, HA!
  9. Hi.

Holy thread resurrection beyondthe48 :D.

As for the cab, sure looks a lot like a T606.

10. beyondthe48

beyondthe48 Guest

Apr 29, 2007
    sure does. it does have the evm 15L speaker. i was really blown away by this cab, guy said he got it in 84. still rocks.