1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Delano PMVC 4 FE/M2 in P Bass w/ Mad Hatter Solderless Installation Kit

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DrGnosis, Sep 9, 2016.

1. DrGnosis

DrGnosis

Apr 1, 2016
    image.jpg
    [​IMG]My MIM P Bass with new pickups. These pickups are amazing. I had to wait 8-10 weeks for them. It's hard to nail down a few aspects of my sound they've improved because everything has improved -- deeper lows and low-mids; brighter in the high end (if you want it). If it's too overwhelming, they take well in lowering the pickup height. They're super hot but without any unwanted distortion.

Also, being awful at soldering and having ruined many a project due to this deficiency, I invested in a solderless kit from Mad Hatter Guitars. I would definitely recommend it -- top notch components and great support. Well worth the $64.95 (or somewhere around there) that I paid for it.

Happy Friday!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    _jaxon5 and miles'tone like this.
  2. P Cheen

P Cheen formerly Jaxon5 Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Sacramento, CA
    How are they? Do they have that stingray growl like the marketing says? Did you end up replacing these or no?

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021