1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Delano vs. Duncan vs. Alembic BRAWL!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ArpeggiFish, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Delano (JC4 HE/M2)

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Duncan (AJJ-1)

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Alembic (Jazz)

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  4. What are you thinking?!?!?! DIFFERENT PICKUPS!!

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    Hi,

Which have the most versatility? I am looking for everything. Mostly funk and hard rock/metal though for the bass I want to put them in (Wick' Thumb). They would all be paired with either a ACG/John East Filter preamp or the stock Alembic filter preamp. I want the pickups to keep the growl, but with punchy lows, the signature Warwick growl, and crystal clear highs. I might use a 18v .

2. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Delano is good. I put a pair of delano jazz on my warwick corvette and it make the bass sound alot better. It keep the wick sound but more solid sound and clear rather than thin.

3. I would be interested to hear about the sonar pres from delano!

Andrew

4. giovabass

giovabass

Oct 17, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have a Clover Apeiron 6 that has 2 Delano J pups on it and they sound great.

5. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    No one has any experience with Alembics and Warwicks?

6. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    bump

7. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008