1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Delay Dilemma. I am indecisive!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassmusic17, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Danelectro Reel Echo

50.0%
  2. Red Witch Violetta

50.0%
  1. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    Got it narrowed down to these two due to budget functionality and features. If you had to pick between them which one would you recommend.

151903000000000-00-750x750.

red-witch-violetta-630-80.

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    If I had to pick? I don't know either too well except for some short clips online, but I would choose the Violetta. Primarily because of the smaller size actually.

3. 4StringAxe

4StringAxe

Jul 27, 2009
    That's a tough one. I probably couldn't choose without playing through both.
    But If I went on a whim, I'd go Red Witch.

4. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Not to complicate things but how anyone could be in the market for a delay today and not consider the Moog MF-Delay mini fooger is beyond me!

You owe it to yourself to add it to the list. moog' big delay is the industry standard and the mini version uses BB chips.

PLUS you already are #3 in the Moog club!! Represent!!

5. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011

I know dude. Want to give me that extra $140! Cause there is no way I'm getting it without the expression pedal!

6. Mastodude

Mastodude

Feb 6, 2011
    I'm a big fan of Dano, but I think the Red Witch sounds better!

7. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    You guys are making this too easy for me!

8. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    How could you not consider the TC Electronic Flashback? I mean really!

9. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    I wanna be different! Nah I'm just kidding. I really like tape echo sound. I messed around with a flashback before and it wasn't dark enough for me.

10. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    Maybe if I had a chance to mess around with the tone print I could get it how I like. I will look into this more. Thanks!

11. godblender

godblender Banned

Mar 11, 2009
    Michigan
    I would throw out the old tried and true...the Boss DD-3 and DD-5 are both really, really solid delays for bass and can be had real cheap-like if you buy used. I think that the TCE Flashback would be worth exploring further as well. That Tone Print stuff they have going on is pretty slick.

12. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    Red witch it is. After staring at my board and contemplating everything. It just makes the most sense. Thanks for all the input fellas!

4StringAxe likes this.
  13. JensCambre

JensCambre

Feb 3, 2014
    Belgium
    A vote for the Dane! But you should really check out the tc electronic Alter Ego, it is wonderfull! and you can get pretty dark with it. Also has the toneprints, which have some great sounding delays...