1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Delay / Flanger / Chorus all in one

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nicholas Smith, Feb 23, 2021 at 2:59 PM.

1. Nicholas Smith

Nicholas Smith

Apr 10, 2019
    Hello again folks.
    I’ve posted plenty recently. Here’s another one to gather some info.

Does anyone know of a pedal that specifically has an uncoloured tone but great great delay / flanger / chorus options?

cheers!!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 3:13 PM
  2. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    A Zoom MS-70 CDR will have all the delay/chorus/flanger (and more)

neuman likes this.
  3. Do you need all three effects at the same time?

Swimming Bird likes this.
  4. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    Check the Strymon Deco.

5. halech54

halech54

Jul 15, 2015
    Richmond VA,
  6. @Nicholas Smith

My question was serious, not facetious.

Chorus and Flanger are so close, it's doubtful a player would use those together, but you never know — Tim Commerford uses two wahs at the same time (as do a number of guitar-slingers). Maybe you're mashing up modulation in some cool way, so my question stands...

Do you need all 3 effects at once?

7. Nicholas Smith

Nicholas Smith

Apr 10, 2019
    Truth is most flangers I’ve heard sound uninteresting. The one I like most is the Ada PBF. Problem is, it’s hard to find and would have to order from the States to the UK. Transit could take forever and get lost...
    So I’m stuck with no flanger...and delay for that matter...

8. ctmullins

ctmullins fueled by beer and coconut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
  9. The Plethora is an excellent suggestion, as was Sillyfabe's suggested MS-70 CDR.

Do you use chorus and flanger at the same time, though?

That was my point. They sound different, yes, but they're both cousins in that you take a copy of the original signal and delay it and mix back in with the original signal. How that is done (no feedback in chorus and no comb-filtering), the amount of delay (flanger is shorter), are some of the things that separate them and make them sound different.

If I was in the market, the Plethora would be probably at the top of my list.

Just throwing out some ideas.
    @Nicholas Smith Maybe a Diamond Quantum Leap? Does some ambient delays, flanger and chorus.
    Empress Nebulous is quite cool: chorus vibrato flanger. You'd still need a delay, though.

ctmullins likes this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021