1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

delay in a wah like enclosure

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MarcMurder, Jun 1, 2012.

1. MarcMurder

MarcMurder #IIAmerica

Mar 9, 2010
    Twin cities, MN
    so ive been looking for my 'ideal' delay for a while. most delay pedals seem like they would get the job done for me but i dont really want a DPDT switch. i want it something like a wah, where it would only engage when the switch is depressed. is there any pedal i dont know of that does this or somewhere i could get one made?
    much thanks in advance

2. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    There are plenty of delays that can take an expression pedal input.

3. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    Behringer makes a vibrato pedal, and it has a mode where the effect is only active when your foot is on the pedal. So such a thing is certainly possible.

Another solution would be to have someone make you a momentary bypass pedal. The delay would be "on" all the time, and you'd have a bypass switch that put the delay in the circuit but only when you had your foot on the pedal. Yes, there ARE momentary DPDT footswitches, SmallBear has them.

4. MarcMurder

MarcMurder #IIAmerica

Mar 9, 2010
    Twin cities, MN
    sweet!! thanks a bunch guys! :D

5. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    That's a very strange need for a delay pedal. I would say most important feature for a bass player would be tap tempo. Plenty to chose from there. My vote goes for Echo Park.

6. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    I have had a delay in a wah pedal enclosure before. I was cool, but really only good for crazy noise. The pedal wouldn't stay in a fixed position. I think if it would have been able to stay in a fixed position, it would have been way more usable.

7. Ryan at Fuzzrocious once built a one-off that sounded sick, and had a side switch for modulation, if I recall... you might want to ask him if he'd build another..