Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Delay/loop sampler on the Behringer bass v-amp?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by j_sun23, Jun 5, 2003.

1. j_sun23

j_sun23

Feb 24, 2003
    Baton Rouge LA
    anyone used this part of the bass v amp yet?

I just ordered one from zzsounds, but the anticipation is killing me. I'm such a little kid. Anyways, I just wanted to know if anyone considered this thing as a viable option when looking for a looper. Seems like if it works good, it would be a steal (as if it's not already) as a looper, especially considering all the other features. I know that the delay effects were a bonus and a deciding factor in my purchase of my DL4 as a loop box, so the prospect of the v-amp packed with all that wizardry and hooha they crammed in there just makes my mouth water...... hurry up UPS.

2. j_sun23

j_sun23

Feb 24, 2003
    Baton Rouge LA
    I got my v-amp in today. I'll try and write a good review soon. It's gonna take a little while for me to really explore all its features, as well as program my midi controller (almost everything in that little box is midi controllable!) but I want to do both before I make a final judgement. My first impressions with it just plugged up to my computer are:

1) feels like it only cost $139, more plasticy/less sturdy than the pod.

2) Sounds pretty good but I can't really tell till I hear it through my rig.

3) Very usuable interface, the LED's to tell you what the controls are set at are great, something the pod SHOULD have had, the manual is decent but helpful.

4) MAN there are a lot of features and sounds in that little plastic box.....lets just hope they stack up.

5) it came with a power supply, a footswitch, and a padded carry bag, all for $139.....if this thing turns out to be as cool as I hope it is, I may just have to buy the bass v-amp Pro in addition to this one so I can have one in my rack and one to carry around/keep at home. This means I could get both the v-amp and the v-amp pro for $10 less than what I would pay for the pod.

cross your fingers.