Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Delay on Morley and Dunlop Wahs?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassGod, Nov 5, 2005.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Hi, I'm in the market for a new wah, and thought I'd order in these two wahs, test 'em out and return the one I didn't like. But after reading some (many) reviews, I see many people complain about delays between the effect being on and off. I've heard as much as one second, which is pretty bad. What have been your experiences with the Dual Bass Wah and the CryBaby in terms of delay times? Also, which one has a larger sweep range? (I did a search, but couldn't find these specific things)

Thanks,
    Graeme :bassist:

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    No delays from my Morley DBW.

AFA sound I thought it was "funkier" than the Dunlop that is why I chose it.

3. Craggsy

Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    There is a delay with the Dunlop when bypassed, however if you buy one of the new ones, there is a little brown trim pot inside, turn this and the delay disappears!! :hyper:

4. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Hmm, interesting. I admit I suck with electronics. I think I'd be a bit nervous to go inside an screw with knobs and such, for fear of messing it up. Did you just discover that trim pot by mistake, or is that what it's actually there for?

Thanks,
    Graeme

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I've not noticed any delays with my Morley.

6. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    you dont turn any screws. its in the battery compartment for the 105Q

i had an older 105Q which didnt have any delay, that was nice.

7. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    you may want ..

ebs bass iq =)

8. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I've never found any delay at all with my 105Q.

9. Craggsy

Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    I had an older model and read on harmony central about modding it to reduce the delay. Ive since sold it to buy a newer one.

The trim pot is nothing to worry about, just turn it one way and it reduces the delay, turn it another way and it increases.

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    No delays on Morleys.

11. spidersbass

spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    which one is the newer 105Q? i dont' know if i got the old or the new one and my pedals are at my drummers house right now. all i know is that the two controls are on the bottom of the pedal and i've seen pictures with them on the side....

12. Craggsy

Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    There will be a stamp on the circuit board. I asked this question to customer support at dunlop at E.1 is the current version i think