1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Delay pedal advice

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 211dave112, May 21, 2011.

1. Hi guys. Looking for a bit of effects advice and thought where better to ask.

I need a delay pedal where the delays continue after the effect is turned off. For example, on one of my bands songs I use loads of delay and create an oscillating noisy effect, then turn the pedal off and play my bassline underneath the noise. Its ounds really good as the delays fade away slowly and the bass comes through.

I'm currently using the delay on my Boss ME50 but i'm selling that as i only use the delay part of it!

So - any idea's? It needs to be cheap as well! tight budget.
    :bassist::bassist::bassist:

2. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    There are a number of delays that have spillover.

BOSS DD-5/6/7
    Line6 Echo Park
    TC Electronic Flashback Delay
    HardWire DL-8

I'm sure there's more, but those are probably some of the cheaper ones of the bunch. Also, you won't have the option of true-bypass if you're using spillover, the bypass has to be buffered (usually not a problem as most bypasses are very high quality these days).

3. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    The Echo Park is pretty much the most comprehensive delay pedal ever. It'll cover anything you could think of.

4. Thanks for the advice. The guitarist in my band has an echo park and its great, but a bit overkill for me (and too expensive :()

5. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    I just ordered a Digitech Digidelay for myself. It sounded good to me, but I'm not sure it does what you want.

6. anyone else know what cheap delays have spillover??

7. winterburn69

winterburn69

Jan 27, 2008
    Saskatchewan
    My Boss DD-5 can do that, although I doubt you can find one for as cheap as I did :\

8. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    Might be a little late reply, but I got my Digitech Digidelay and it does this VERY well. Great spillover!

9. xjeremiahx

xjeremiahx

Apr 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    No longer a slave to GC.
    I'm using the EHX Memory Toy and it does the trick quite nice. That DL8 was a close contender,that's for sure.

10. dutchwife

dutchwife

Aug 6, 2007
    Osaka, Japan
    Grabbed a TC Flashback after an old DD-6 went boobies-up last month. Best delay pedal I've seen so far, plus exceptionally cheap considering TC's previous high (yet generally justifiable) prices. Definitely worth a serious look.
    I'd be interested to hear what you eventually settle on......

11. kokoshmusun

kokoshmusun

Feb 5, 2011
    I use a Marshall EH-1 with guitar (not bass), it has spillover on one of the outputs. It's a great pedal for the price, built like a tank, and has tap tempo as well.