Delay pedal help/advice

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Szyszaczek, Jan 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TC Electronic Triple Delay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Strymon TimeLine

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Eventide TimeFactor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Szyszaczek

Szyszaczek

Sep 5, 2014
    Please help me choose delay pedal. I need this for bass and also for electric guitar. Price in this range is not an issue. Anyone has/had all those 3 pedals? TC's tripple delay has triple delays which can be used in series or parallel operation. Does Strymon or Eventide can do parallel or series operation of two delays?

2. DrewM85

DrewM85

Jan 2, 2012
    DE
    I had the TC electronic Flashback x4. Great sounding delay with very easy to use controls. Having a dedicated tap tempo switch was nice too. Lots of unique sounds to be had with toneprints. My only gripe was the physical size and the poor midi integration.

I'd imagine the TC triple delay would be nice to own. In my opinion the strymon and eventide pedals are in a separate class when compared to the TC.

3. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    yes the strymon and eventide can do that.

Strymon Dual Delay setting:
    Two independent delay lines can be configured in series or parallel (right/left split). The second delay has independent Mix, Repeat and Time values, and can also be set to track the first delay’s knob values.

Eventide is more flexible if i am not wrong, you can have two delays of any of the different delay model.

the different between them vs the triple delay is that the triple delay can have two different delay model running at parallel or series vs Strymon dual delay which is more of a digital delay and Eventide which is only a single model of delay

4. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    I think you should add the new Source Audio Nemesis to that list. In a lower price range, the Mooer Reecho Pro seems to be another nice pedal as well.

NoxNoctus likes this.
  5. Bubby Brown

Bubby Brown

Oct 10, 2014
    None
    Look at a Strymon Dig. I have the Timeline which is an amazing pedal and has so much it can do I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. If delay in series or parell is what you want the focus of the box to be the Strymon Dig is proably the best out there. A Dig and Deco from Strymon would cover so much ground.

6. Szyszaczek

Szyszaczek

Sep 5, 2014
    Does Strymon Timeline capable of mimic all other strymon dellays or are they all diffrent to each other?

7. Tonetodiefor

Tonetodiefor

Feb 25, 2014
    Marin County
    2nd on the DIG.

Two delays in one, series, parallel and ping pong out...

I love the tone and the simplicity

8. holy ghost

holy ghost

Apr 29, 2012
    Toronto, ON
    Wow, this Source Audio one looks great. I've been debating buying a dedicated looper and a new digital delay to replace my flashback x4.

9. I've had a bunch of less expensive delays and wouldnt get any of those. For bass specifically I think the best delays are the dd-3 for a simple digital delay an mxr Carbon copy for a simple warm analog delay and flashback for tape delay. currently have the smaller flashback and it's decent but I honestly don't think it's any better than the line 6 m5. Which I also liked and my guitarist now uses mainly for its delays. If you want to run multiple delays at once I'd probably get a m9 or a couple less expensive delays and use a boss LS-2 to switch between series and parallel.

10. Roland GR 88

Roland GR 88 Commercial User

Sep 16, 2013
    Ontario Canada
    Retail store manager
    I have a Timeline and a Flashback x4. I never use the x4. For covering a lot of ground the Strymon is hard to beat. I use it for guitar, bass and track synths and a TR-8 drum machine through it. The filters are a lot fun to play with. There's a LOT under the hood if you like to turn knobs.

11. friendlybass

friendlybass

Jul 19, 2012
    Colorado
    What are you wanting out of your delay