Delay pedal question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Ok, I downloaded this video with Jaco Pastorius at the Montreal Jazz festival '80 and what I believe he is doing is using a delay pedal to get that constant slide note and using another delay pedal to do percussive sounds. If people have heard this solo before can you please tell me if that is correct.
    , Or if he using another type of pedal? I am pretty new to effects and the such so your help would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. are you talking about Slang?

For Slang, he uses a MXR Digital Delay.. not sure what kind, but i could look it up
  3. No, not slang. Its like just an Improvised solo. Its the Montreal Jazz festival 1980. He does his improvised solo then plays Amerika.
  4. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Hey, I never heard the Jaco track of which you speak. I'm no Jaco, but I just recorded about four minutes of me wanking (on bass, not touching my naughty bits) with a 2-second delay loop and my new Digitech BP-50. I would just get a little 2-second loop going and kind of solo over it. The delay unit I used is an old 80's Digitech RDS2000 rack-mount with the repeater footswitch. I only used 2 settings of the BP50: factory presets #7-"basic chorus" and #8-"filter up". It was recorded completely at random with no pre-planning whatsoever. I just liked the tone I was getting so I hit record at the last minute. Enjoy (or not)---