1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Delay pedals with no spillover?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Neiler, Feb 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Neiler

Neiler

Feb 23, 2013
    Ottawa, Canada
    Maybe i didnt dig deep enough, but can anyone give me a list of some delay pedals that DO NOT spillover once turned off? Ive found plenty of info and lists of pedals that do have spillover but the only one i know for sure that doesnt spillover is the MXR carbon copy and its over $200. Im not looking to spend too much,$100 to $150 CND tops.

Any help would be appreciated!

TIA

2. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Are you talking about the repeats continuing after the pedal is bypassed?

The Digitech Obscura has a "tails" switch that turns that feature on or off. That's the one I'm using right now. It's made specifically to sound analog, though. I don't know if that's important to you or not.

blizward likes this.
  3. blizward

blizward

Feb 21, 2013
    Rennes - France
    Spillover is an added feature in a pedal. Looking for a delay without spillover is like looking for a passive bass.
    Any delay that's listed as True Bypass won't have spillover (or trails). The pedal needs to be buffered to allow that. The Obscura is excellent because you can have both and, as far as I recall, it's always the case in every pedals. Either spillover as an option, or no spillover at all. "True Bypass" is such a big deal that manufacturers of delays give you the option to turn the spillover (i.e the buffer) on and off.
    So, sorry. I won't give you a list of delays that don't have spillover because you can pick any one randomly and it'll fill this particular need. Good hunt!

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    The TC Electronic Flashback may be one you can look into. I'm not sure if it works like you want, but I say it should for two reasons:

1. Toneprints. Toneprints can do anything.
    2. The Flackback can be set to either true or buffered bypass via a switch inside.

5. Climax

Climax

Feb 11, 2005
    Finland
    Ibanez DE7. Loving it.

6. Delays with no trails are actually much more common than delays with trails. And these days a lot of delays come with either a toggle or a switch inside the pedal for trails of no trails.