Delay pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Absurd, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Absurd

Jan 24, 2006

I was wondering if there are any Delay pedals built for bass. Or do the ones constructed for guitar work just as good?
    Like Line6 Echo Park?

Is there a pedal for sound cutoff?

Like in this movie
  2. Guitar delays will work fine on bass. The line 6 one is rated by many but you cant go far wrong with a boss delay either.

I have the dd-20 which is great, I particularly liek the modulate setting which has a mild phaser incorporated into the sound. It has loads of other sttings too including reverse delay, warp, twist, tape echo.... yadda yadda!

EDIT: In my original post I put bass delay rather than boss delay, sorry for any confusion.
  3. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I have the echo's pretty cool. It sounds fine with bass, I can't hear any loss of low-end or anything. You can get alot of crazy delay sounds out of it. I don't really know how to use it to it's full potential though...maybe one of these days i'll read the manual.:rollno:
  4. Absurd

Jan 24, 2006
    Ok, thanks. :) It's good that i know that, so i can start working on some 'post rock' basslines.
  5. didier

Aug 4, 2005
    echo park... I really like it. Lots of differnt and nice options for type of delay on it, a tap tempo, and I really like the modulation which I like to use to add a chorus
  6. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    I have to agree with the frog...

our guitarist spent almost a year testing and looking for the perfect delay...he ended up with the dd-20.
  7. delays aren't made for one instrument in mind...a delay basically takes the input, "holds on" to it for a while, and then plays it back a little bit really has nothing to do with the tone of the instrument...
  8. Cougar207

Jun 17, 2005
    St. Charles, MO
    While were on the subject, are there any good analog delays for under $200?
  9. jujube_2a

Jan 18, 2006
    Corsica, France
  10. steers b-c

steers b-c

Aug 23, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I use the DL-4 and get excellent results. The looper is quite useful as well.
  11. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    EHX Deluxe Memory Man is around $200.
    I don't know much about it, never used it. Sure looks fun though.
  12. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    What? No one's going to tackle this question??

I laughed out-loud as soon as I saw the first few seconds of the vieo link (fifth measure of playing).

That's no pedal, Man. That's masterful MUTING!

I'm still working on it myself.

Thanks for posting the link. I think I'll practice now.