Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Delay

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Figjam, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    What is a good delay pedal to use for Tool. I dont need a really expensive one, just one that gets the job done.

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    You want the boss DD3.

I belive chancellor uses a DD-5, But the DD-3 is alot cheaper, and gets that crazy "space echo" delay sound he uses. I would recommend it as a delay pedal period.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea i like boss pedals. Im also planning on gettina synth and chorus. Then ill hve all the pedals i need.

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    If you can track down an old Boss PS-5, those are great. It mixes delay with pitch shifting, and I consider it one of Boss' coolest pedals ever made. Might be cheap used, too.

5. yea Figjam, when you get it, tell us what you think........I've been wanting to put one in my effects arsenal, but I'm still not too sure if it is worth it.

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I tried out my friends DD3. I like it a lot, especially for some select Tool pieces. I think its worth it. Im going to buy one as soon as i get money, or ill just wait till christmas and maybe my brother will buy me it or something.

7. yea Christmas isn't too far away as opposed to the one that already passed!