Resolved delayed load on the top ad on TB

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by TinyE, Feb 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TinyE

TinyE

Jan 31, 2013
    portland,or
    I am beginning to curse every time I go to TB now. If we could get the ad moved from the top then maybe it wouldn't affect our clicks. Am I the only one this is driving nuts?!?!

paul likes this.
  2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I'd bet that's not likely.

The top banner spot probably pays better than any other location.

TinyE likes this.
  3. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Are you talking about that jump down and up it’s been doing?

4. TinyE

TinyE

Jan 31, 2013
    portland,or
    yes, exactly. and yes, i don't think it's likely that they modify it. i'm sure having an ad right up there on top is bringing in tons of $'s. I'm just wondering if the owner of this site is interested in keeping this site usable/cool, or if $ is the top driver. I know i'd be interested in money if it were mine, but I really hate these delayed load ads. It's pretty easy in HTML to preload the ad images, but i've noticed a trend recently across the internet that is leaning towards delayed load. This allows you to accidentally click on the ad, which generates revenue for the site owner. So, business wise it is awesome. User wise, it is completely, totally, ultimately LAME.

5. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Let me know if it's better now. It's as simple as setting a minimum height in the <div> element, sorry I hadn't done this before but thanks for the suggestion!

6. TinyE

TinyE

Jan 31, 2013
    portland,or
    that is much better! thank you tons!

7. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    I’ve been noticing that too. It’s annoying because I tap on some thread and at that precise moment everything shifts position and I’ve opened the wrong thread.

Hope it’s fixed now. :)

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021