Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

delays

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BFunk, Mar 1, 2002.

1. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

I would like some opinions on delays. I have used the Maxon AD-80 analog and the Boss DD-3. The first I found too un-defined and the latter too cold and digital. So I am guess I am looking for something in between. I plan on using this for dub sections. Rack unit, (1 space), or floor pedal will do. I would like true-bypass. Pre-delay would be nice too. I used a Yamaha SPX-90 in a PA rig once which I liked.

I also should add that since this is only going to be used during dub sections, I don't want to spend a ton of money on it. It should be under $200.00

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Yeah I've been interested in getting a delay pedal too, so give us some answers!!!!! :D

3. And a 24 second looper too....I use this in our dub trio all the time.

[​IMG]

4. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Funny you should mention the Headrush. I tried one last night and liked it very much. Much warmer than the Boss. I haven't had much experience looping, but the tap-tempo is really cool. So far that is at the top of my list.

5. My Line6 DL4 is really cool, digital but surprisingly warm and realistic sounding. It has 15 delay models and a looper with an echo added in, you can slow down or speed up the phrase in forward and reverse. But it's a real battery muncher.