1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dell E1705 Intel Core-Duo laptop

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by JoshB, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE

So...I got this in a trade awhile back and just now got it back up and running after not having a HD for awhile... ;)

Here's some specs...

Intel Core Duo @ 1.66ghz
    1 gig ram
    a brand new battery from Dell (replacement due to recall)
    DCRW/DVD drive
    Ethernet/Modem/Wireless
    High Def Audio
    160 gig HD with Windows XP Media Center 2005 preinstalled.

Only catch is that it will need a new AC adapter soon. The one I got with the laptop got cut somehow and is held together with electrical tape. It works, but it makes me nervous. If it doesn't bother you...then no worries I guess. ;)

I can get more specific specs if need be, but it's a great laptop and is nice and fast, but I just use my Mac 99% of the time and if I need a windows computer, I have a desktop. This will also come with a CD of the drivers I needed to use for the reinstall as well as an official Dell OS install disk. (Good luck getting one from Dell if you need one! This one took me weeks!)

I'm asking $850. I'm open to looking at trades for bass gear, but I need the cash more, so cash is king...

2. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User

Dec 13, 2004
    Phoenix AZ area
    I'm gonna chip in here. I have the older model of this (two years old) and just got mom this model. If this has the True Color screen, these are UNBELIEVEABLE laptops. The newer ones are lighter than the one I own, and the screen is fantastic.

For anyone seeking a laptop, I couldn't recommend this more having owned two now.

3. JoshB

Thanks man...it's a great lappy for sure!!

Price drop to $800 for now...gotta move this! Make some offers!!

4. whats kind of graphics processor does it have and is it shared memory or have it's own on board? I have a buddy that might be interested.

Peace,

5. JoshB

It has a mobile intel 945GM Express Chipset which is an intigrated graphics chipset that uses shared memory. I think. ;)

6. Bummer, well I will ask him but I think he wanted something that was ATI/nVidia... Best of luck with the sale if you do not hear back from me.

Peace,

7. JoshB

bump for new trade ideas...I'll look at keyboards and synths as well!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.