Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Delta 44 or different card/mixer?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by JoeRules00, Jun 13, 2003.

1. I'm finally ready to put together my new recording computer. But i'm trying to decide if the best way to go is an M-Audio Delta44 or some other card and a mixer, such as a Behringer. Any opinions? Thanks!

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I depends on how many tracks you want to record simultaneously.
    The Midiman has an internal software mixer, so you can record up to 4 tracks at a time.

Midiman cards are rock solid. I love my Audiophile.

3. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I have a Delta 44 and I love it. 4 in, 4 out. Convenient, small breakout box for the ports. 4 in is plenty, I have a mixer I could put in front of it if more are needed. It is also expandable to additional ports if needed. Easy to install, works well with XP. My Cakewalk Sonar 2XL works flawlessly with it. Low noise. Simple internal mixer.

One thing to consider. The 44 does not come with s/pdif ports. The 66 does (along with 2 more in and out ports). I don't need s/pdif so no loss, the 44 is cheaper.

$180 bucks on eBay, that's the cheapest price I found. Worth every penny.

4. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    I've got a 44 as well, though wish I'd got the 6/6 - it's not something I'd use all the time, but was recently transfering some stuff from ADAT, and it would have been really useful...

other that that, it's a great card - I use it with FL Studio - www.flstudio.com - the producer edition, and get great results.

cheers

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany