Delta 44/ Stereo Recording question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Mr.Nimrod, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Mr.Nimrod

Jul 23, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    Hey guys-

I was wondering if there is any way to make each track I record with my Delta 44 record as stereo. Since the inputs on the breakout box are designated for left or right, each time I record an instrument through it, I have to cut and paste the track into both channels.

I use CoolEdit Pro.....and I'm sure there must be something I do to record tracks onto both channels...

Thanks a lot!
  2. BigTed

Jul 1, 2002
    San Diego
    There should be a way within Cool Edit to designate the single track as stereo. Then you will need to define the inputs for each channel of the stereo track (i.e. the l & r inputs on your breakout box.) I am unfamiliar with CE, but thats how you do it in Cubase, Acid and Sonar.

Anyhoo, I prefer recording my a stereo signal to two different tracks. It allows for more freedom during editing. You can adjust levels, balance, and apply effects and plugins to the seperate tracks. Then you can mix it down to a stereo track when your done if you want to.
  3. Mr.Nimrod

Jul 23, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    i think i didn't explain my problem well enough. i am recording my tracks in stereo....but i was wondering if i could make an instrument plugged into the Left input of my delta 44 record onto both the left and right channels of a stereo track. is this possible? or would I be better off recording mono?

thanks a lot for your help!!
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You can always copy the recorded channel onto the other one.

Another solution is making your bass signal dual mono by sending it through a stereo pedal in bypass mode, e.g. a stereo chorus pedal.