1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Delta Amps-Need your help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass_Bear, Sep 11, 2008.

1. So I was over at a gui**** buddy of mine's house and his dad has a 7 year old 60watt 'Delta' amp he is looking to get rid of. As far as I'm concerned it's in excellent condition and works great, we even plugged it in and took a few stabs at it. Anyways, he's asking around 100$ for it, which I'm confident is a good deal.

So after last night, I come home and start looking for more specifics about the amp. Much to my surprise, there is NO information out there about Delta or it's amps. As far as I'm concerned this amp doesnt exist on the internet. I found one post about it: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-920075.html

Basically that long schpeel of text was to ask if anyone has any information/advice on what I should do. It's in good condition, just don't know the quality - although compared to my tiny little Peavey, it can't be much worse.

Thanks for any info,
    J

2. Quick bump before I leave.

3. BassBod

BassBod

Aug 18, 2006
    Bristol, UK
    There was a Delta range, made here in the UK around 10-15 years ago. A joint effort between Carslbro and Overwater. Pretty good stuff, but not made for very long - I think they were dark blue??

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
  5. Thanks for your feedback, turns out the one I'm looking at is the DG-90 which is I'm assuming better quality than the DG-10reviewed. Anyways, well see, if more info turns up then cool, if not, then who knows.

Thanks,

J

6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    The company named "Delta" that I was thinking about when I read your post was around in the '70s. Skunk Baxter of the Steely Dan/Doobie Bros fame used them.

I once sent them money for a catalog and never heard back...

Can you post photos..front, back, closeup of the rear panel, etc.?

7. I'll do what I can asap.

8. No pics yet (shameless bump).

9. toobalicious

toobalicious

May 6, 2008
    triad, nc
    heh.

then again, that statement was preceded by this one............

:eyebrow: