1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Deltalite 2512... cab design gurus help!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FAT(b)ASS, Dec 30, 2006.

1. FAT(b)ASS

FAT(b)ASS

Jul 8, 2006
    Valdosta, Ga
    I am finding that I loath the sound of my Eden d112xlt more with each passing day. The majority of people who have played through one know what I'm talking about. Thin, boxy, hollow, tinny etc. It is the only peice of gear I'm not happy with. I love the size of the cab however, as well as the eden horn.

I read about the success the other guy had with a deltalite 2512 in his aggie gs112, and was wondering if it would work in the eden cab (I believe the aggie cab is slightly deeper). Also has anyone ever swapped the speaker in a d112xlt? I know eden designed that particular driver to have a distinct (think paper farts) sound.

The rest of my gear; if it helps:
    Warwick corvette or fender jazz with model j's
    sansamp bddi (sometimes)
    eden wt-300
    markbass 2x10 (the big front ported one)

I love a thick midrange; growly and cutting with a pinch of honk. The d112xlt as is a very "bad" mid-heavy cab IMHO.
    ~Thanks in advance!

2. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

try asking over at the eden forum, perhaps they can help

:bag:

3. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I read the same thread because I have a GS112. I have a Workingman 10 combo which had a tinny boxy sound and that thread gave me the idea to upgrade the speaker. I bought a Deltalite 10 on the bay a few days later for $60 and put it in the Workingman. What a difference!! I really like the sound improvement. Better lows and clearer mids. I also have acquired a pair of 2512's and put them in my Tech soundsystems CT212. I need to let the speakers settle in and get it out into a place where I can crank it up so the jury is still out on that upgrade thou the cab is 14 lbs lighter.

4. FAT(b)ASS

FAT(b)ASS

Jul 8, 2006
    Valdosta, Ga
    "try asking over at the eden forum, perhaps they can help"

Maybe, but seeing how I'm not satisfied with an Eden product, and my solution is using a NON-eden product, I see more flames than help coming my way. Besides, it's more a question of physics and driver/cab compatibility... the type of thing some TB's know to great lengths. I will check the eden forum, but TB is my "home", so I figured someone here could help. I think this question is just as valid as: "what cab should I get", or "rat-fur vs. tolex", or any of the other topics that get 3+ pages of replies.

Basicaly, I don't want to spend the bucks on a new speaker and then still end up scrapping the cab.
    Thanks. :bassist:

5. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
  6. The D112XLT is 3.84 cubic feet, external volume. The internal volume for the driver will be quite a bit less. Actual measurements are required to accurately fit a replacement driver. One should also accurately determine the tuning frequency before choosing a driver.

The Deltalite-II 2512 requires 3.54 (BB4) to 4.64 (Flat) cubic feet net volume for optimal tuning. In all cases, the F3 is low enough to give good bottom with a 4-string bass.

This driver reaches up to 3500 Hz on-axis, so it won't leave a hole between the woofer and tweeter. The driver is fully directional (beaming) above 1300 Hz, so it will sound different on-axis vs. hearing it from the side.