1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Deltalite II 2510 based 6x10?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kringle77, Aug 9, 2012.

1. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    This is just out of curiousity, I don't plan to build one. But, has anyone built a really good 6x10 cab around the eminence deltalite II 2510 driver? I modelled it on winisd in several tunings and it has got to sound pretty good. I moddled a flat version with lots of low end and one the had the same low end characteristics as my nv610 cab. Just curious. Im sure that plenty have loaded 4x10's with them. It looks like they could be very clear and loud in the mids with maybe alittle clack from the 2.5k spike.

2. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    If they behave like my 12's, the spike doesn't sound as bad to the ear as it looks on paper. I don't know if it's because it comes higher in frequency, or climbs up to it rather than running flat and then having an immediate spike or a bit of both, but it doesn't sound as bad as it looks, especially with multiple drivers.

Other stuff that shows a peak like that a bit lower in frequency can sound nasty to me....these don't. Clear, "articulate", yes, but not bad.

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Maybe it's more of a problem if you like playing fresh roundwounds with a pick or something that presents the speaker more content there in the first place.

4. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    No vendors are using version 2 deltalites without mods that I Adm aware of.

I doubt anyone really needs more than four though. Incredibly loud tens.

5. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    I really didn't care for the avatar versions. They had that big hole in the mids just to add alittle more low end. The only clips that I've heard of this driver is in the Reeves 4x10 where they play a jazz bass with a pick through a reeves and it just sounds like a$$. Brittle, harsh, hollow. They really are not doing themselves any favors with those clips. Im sure that cab can't sound that bad. It got a good review in BGM. I would love to hear these used in a 6x10 cab, modeled somewhere in the eden xlt/ bergantino nv610 realm. It would have to be insanely loud. Pure rock and roll.

6. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    I like my stock emi. 12's over the Avatars for the same reasons. Their top peak was in a ganky/clanky spot. Don't really gain anything noticable in the lows.

7. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Texas
    They are loud tens but 6 of them in a .5 alignment will only have 3 running full range. They might sound pretty good in this configuration.

Edit: Definitely a vented, not sealed cab with these. Pretty expensive at $135 each though.

8. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    If I was building a vented 6x10, thats the way I would do it. I'll have a beta 10cx with tweet tonight to try out. Maybe 5 2510's and a beta cx would be even better. I'll keep you guys posted. I am in line for a barefaced 69'er and LDS is building be a 2x15 with tweet using the 3015's so, I will be covered for cabs, really. But, that doesn't make we want something like this any less! :) Someone else should take the plunge instead of me for once. Then I would probably follow suit if it works. Im so happy with my bass and amp that all my funds are now transfered into the cab department.

9. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    I figured you'd be drowning in cabs already.:D

I don't have the need, or budget for this 610. Would be a good, and damn loud big stage cab though.

10. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    I just sold most of my cabs.....so that I had room for more cabs!:) I have the modded nv610 and then some small empty cabs and drivers that I experiment with.

11. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    I just moddeled an 8x10 using 2510II drivers. If you make it 172 liters, tuned to 48hz( five 4"x1.8"x4.8" vents on the bottom) it has the same exact profile as the NV610 cab. No idea how it would sound in the mids and top end comparatively but, it sure would be a monster output cab at around 100lbs. Or less if you want to get fancy with the bracing. Probably 7 of these with 1 guitar driver for more top end would be better since, I really dont' like tweets. Maybe I'll have to build a smaller version like a 2x10 just to find out.

12. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    I just put in an order for a pair of 2510 drivers. I plan to try them in whatever cabs I have laying around, just to hear their mid and treble character. If I like them enough, I may build a rough 2x10 cab vented to mimic my berg nv610. If that sounds good I would probably have LDS build me a total gonzo 8x10 using 7 of these drivers and some type of guitar driver like a celestion G10 vintage, hi-passed at around 100hz in it's owned sealed chamber. The cab could probably be made pretty small for an 8x10, and 3 round ports be put in where most cabs put their tweeters. If it needed more vents, I could probably do the mesa boogie thing and use some triangles too.