1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Deltoid Pains...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Minger, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Alrite, yesterday while pole vaulting, I was learning to bend the pole...and twice, instead of collapsing my left arm (hbottom arm) , i left it straight, and all of the recoil basically went back into my deltoid.

So, basically does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do? It hurts a bit when I try to lift some stuff;nothing too bad but its a nuisance...and I couldn't vault for my life today.

Ice, figure out how to stretch it or something...

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Ice, rest and elevation are the accepted procedures for injuries, but you can't elevate your deltoids.;)

Anyway, try the ice and rest. I'm thinking maybe some light massage would help too. If you don't feel better in a few days, ask your coach's advice.

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Yeah, as long as its not like what happened to my lower hamstrings - not sure what happened, but took forever to heal....at least I got out of doing cashier at work (grocery store) and get to push carts instead...

Oh well, meet on Wednesday - I'm going to be mad if I don't get better by then...:p

On the other hand, I foudn out I can still play DB and BG pretty easily without any pain :D