Deluxe Fender Active Jazz Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ingemar, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Ingemar

Sep 12, 2000

Anyone who have experience with Deluxe (mex)Fender Active Jazz Bass?

Pros and cons?
  2. hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    I had a 95 Blue (Mexi) Active 5 string Jazz that's was real nice. I didn't have any problems with it at all andf the price was right !. $400.00 with a gig bag at that time.
  3. I own it, and I love it.

You can get a lot of great sounds out of it.
  4. skewh

Sep 5, 2005
    Ithaca, NY
    I have one, and love it. It plays phenomenally and sounds fantastic. IME of course . . .
  5. lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    I just bought one maybe 3 months ago absolutly love it. The only complaint i had with it was those ****ty fender bridges. The saddle on the E string would come off the bridge plate. I just bought a Badass II bridge and that thing is awsome. Great intonation with that thing. I found i had to step up the gauges on the E and A string because they were a little floppy.
  6. Ingemar

Sep 12, 2000
    Are they heavey or lightweight (or perhaps middleweight ;-) ?

Are they wellbalanced string output volume and tonewise?
    (ie no loudersounding E string)

Are the pups noicy?
  7. lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego

I dunno what the exact weight is and i dont let it bother me whatever it is. If its the bass you know is perfect for you but it just to heavy that is the worst excuse for not getting it. Go to the gym if it weighs to much.

String voume balance i think is perfect for everything but the E string. It could be a little louder but i fixed it by raising the the pickups closer to the e string to balance it out.

Tonewise? im not sure what you mean by this but if you asking if its can play allot of different tones i would say yes i wouldnt play slap bas on it but for everything else it sounds good.
  8. fabubass

Jan 13, 2006
    I Bought a white one 3 years ago at Mars going out of business sale for $440.00 new! I love it so much, I just bought another one in sunburst, off Evil-Bay for 350.00
    I just put a badass 2 on "whitey" because it was vibrating down, It rocks!!
  9. Mine's a MIM 5-string. Weight is middle-to-slightly heavy, and the tone is great. Overall the strings seems to be even in volume, but I'm still working on just the right setup for my taste. It's getting there, but could be just a bit lower... Gigging with it tonight; can't wait to get out and play!:bassist:
  10. I just sold one that I had for a couple years

the sound was great and the action excellent

traded it for a 5 string Ibanez
    only cause I bought the Fender used and the neck was a little wack (it didn't adjust correctly)

I would recomened this to anyone looking for a good bass
  11. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    Never heard about BadAss 2 bridge? :confused:

They are quite popular
  12. lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego

What the hell are you talking about???
  13. the mim Jazz's are very nice. i owned the Deluxe V(5 strng).
    it played as well as my mia's. the active pick-ups were fun, and loud. i sold it, after i got my Hwy 1 Jazz. you'll love it.

the BadAss II bridge is a replacement bridge built by the Leo Quann Co. it comes as standard equipment on the Geddy Lee Jazz. :cool:
  14. PB+J

Mar 9, 2000
    arlington va
    I have the MIM deluxe V, with the fender noiseless pickups. It's a great value, very easy playing, good fit and finish. the pickups/preamp are a little bland, but very usuable. They are a great value, especially used. Mine is medium weight and i replaced the tuners with hipshots. I may try new pickups in it.