Deluxe Jazz Bass VS Spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nirvanarules28, Jun 26, 2002.

1. nirvanarules28

Mar 7, 2001
    Hey everyone
    Im gettin ready to buy a new bass. Im thinking about a fender deluxe jazz or maybe a spector (ns2002b or maybe ns2000Q4).
    Which do you think is a better bass overall. Ive played both, and i like the feel and sound of both. Im leaning towards the deluxe jazz.
    But I'd just like some input.
    Which do you like better and why? Which is overall a better bass (better electronics, made better, etc.)
  2. Hey dude.

I have played lots of Deluxes and like most of them and I like my MIM the best. OTOH, I have played a few Spectors, and wasn't that impressed by them. I mean i thought they were nice basses, but not what I expected. They weren't US ones, but I still expected a little more. But heaps of people here like em, so they will probably tell you a different story. (I liked the Rex Brown model the best).

I guess it all comes down to personal preference, and buy what you feel will suit you the best.

As for comparing them, sorry, but I'm not really too analytical when it comes to electronics and things. The Spectors are really well made i thought.