Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Deluxe jazz bass?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by patrickroberts, Jan 9, 2001.

1. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    U would like to have a Fender deluxe jazz bass head with my P-bass neck. How would i go about achieving this?

2. Are you asking how to put your P neck on your Jazz body?

Other than a headstock, I don't know what you are referring to when you say "head"

3. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    Yeh thats' what i'm asking, how can i put a fender deluxe jazz headstock on to my p-bass neck. And how much r jazz head stocks?

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

In every Jazz bass I've seen the neck and headstock are all one continuous piece of wood and while companies like Warmouth sell replacement necks (including headstock),I think you would be compromising the structural integrity of a bass at the point where it needs it most, if you were to have a separate head stock. Under high tension - it might just fall off!

Unless we're confusing "head" and "body" here? Headstock to me is the bit with tuners - unless you have a "headless" bass! And the body is the bit with the bridge, pickups etc. - can't get any more basic. I think we're probably wasting our time here Ham' anyway!! ;)

5. and you can forget about getting even a whole Jazz deluxe neck from Fender, or more specifically Arbiter, the UK distributors - they won't supply one unless it's going on a Jazz Deluxe "for copyright reasons".