Deluxe Jazz VS Dean Razor NT

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nirvanarules28, Jun 26, 2002.

1. nirvanarules28

Mar 7, 2001
    Ive heard good things about Dean basses, and ive played some and they feel pretty good. The Razor Neck Thru model caught my eye, it looks nice and seems to be built well. It has good electronics and p ups.
    However, the deluxe jazz is all the same besides the neck thru construction. I like they way j basses feel and sound.
    So im torn between these, and im really not sure which i want more.
    Any input or opinions would be much appreciated. Like which do you think is better overall?
  2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You're talking the Mexican Jazz Deluxe I assume.

Buy whichever one you like better. They're both very good basses.
  3. The Dean Razor NT is pretty good, it got a very good review in the Bass player too. I'd say go for the Dean.
  4. I've said it before, and I can say it again: I'll never even consider an instrument made by Dean. At least not until their marketing strategies change radically. Doesn't even matter if the instrument in question is good or not. And as well, I find the Razor bass to be quite ugly, but since I like J-basses, I know what I'd choose if I were you.
    Another thing to think about when buying a bass is the number of frets. If you think that you'll need more than twenty, go with something else than a Fender. Ever tried the new Yamaha BB series basses BTW? They're supposed to be good, from what I've heard, and are somewhat J-like. Haven't tried one myself yet, but I'm eager too.