Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Deluxe P-Bass Special®

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jock, Oct 3, 2002.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Whats your thoughts on this bass? Anything. Good or bad.

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    If you're refering to the MIM version, I've got one that I'm happy with. No complaints with the construction end of it, but I wasn't thrilled with the pickups. I also didn't like the gold pickguard. I replaced the p/ups with Duncan Basslines (also replaced the pots) and put on a blk. pearl pickguard, put on a Badass 2 bridge. Now it's a great playing and sounding bass for not a lot of money (I got it real cheap). Like all of the MIM basses, you need to try out as many as you can before you buy. Some are real clunkers imo. Hope this helps.

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Great. I was actually thinking of upgrading the pups anyway. So Im moastly interested in the overall quality of the neck, body etc.

4. I had a black one that I bought at JAM and played extensively for almost two years. To my ears, the sound was very good even with the stock pickups. The construction was very good and the neck felt great. In the end, just before I sold it, I had the gold-anodized pickgurad replaced with a tortoise one. Nothing wrong with the gold one - I got bored with the looks and wanted something different. Great bass for the money!