Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Deluxe P Bass Special

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, May 26, 2003.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i am in a PJ mood.

beeùing an owner of a Fender american P bass, a G&L L2000 and a rick 4001 i am very happy.

i have always had a thing fot PJ basses-

so i started to take a look around and found some models that really appeal me.

one is the Yamaha BB1000 MA, the other is the MIM Fender Deluxe P bass special.

i poened a succesful thread about the Yamaha so i do the same with the Fender.

who played one?
    commments?

thanks!

i am speaking about this bass:

[​IMG]

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I love those basses. They are just what a p needed, different tones :p

I'd get it over the Yamaha.

3. deluxeg

deluxeg

May 5, 2001
    That's the exact bass I have except mine has a maple fingerboard. I seriously love this bass. I have no complaints about it.

4. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    I picked up one of these about a year ago and think it's great. If want to play a four, its the one I reach for most these days. There were a few things I didn't like about it and that was the stock pickguard was metal and I didn't like the way it felt to the touch. The good news is that a standard P-bass pickguard will replace it (I did). The other was the standard Fender bridge that comes on the MIMs. I replaced it with a bad ass II. Some people complain about the wiring on these and say that it doesn't sound like a true P when using just the neck pup, but I still think mine sounds great with either pup or both on. I can't realy comment on the Yamaha since I've never played one.

[​IMG]

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i bought one a couple months ago...i love it...it has the exact tone i want...only mine is black with gold pickguard...

yeah sry about the pic...i had just woken up like 5 min ago...

[​IMG]

bobby

6. Though I haven't played one (or, hell, even seen one in person), I am SOOOOO jealous of you for having the cash to buy a bass like that! It has the tone that I'm looking for! Retro! And my Ibanez, though an all right bass, has a new-rock tone!!! RRRGH!

*throttle!*

7. I've tried one of those, unplugged and briefly, in a store, and liked it. It was well put together, and had a nice neck.
    But, if I were to choose betweeen one of those and a Yamaha, I'd probably pick the latter. At least if it played and sounded equally well, if you get my drift.

8. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    I've played both and I pick the Yamaha. Both are great basses but I prefer Yamaha for looks and the Yamaha has better construction IMO. Can't go wrong with either one though.