Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Deluxe P-bass Special

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CrazyTwoKnobs, Aug 19, 2003.

1. I saw a fender with a P body, J neck, and one of each P-up. Near $550 for an MIM. I really miss that Fender growly noise, and don't want to keep playing my old squier. I like the jazz neck, but don't like how the classic jazz looks, and I dont want to be one of those guys who got a jazz cause everybody else got one. Is this bass worthwhile? I haven't been able to play one in a store, i've only seen them in musician's friend. Has anybody played one? Good, aggressive sound?
    Thanks guys,

2. I like it a lot....especially in the Candy Apple Red w\ gold pickguard.....sorta reminds me of an apple...........

its one of the basses I plan on getting honestly....one of the few Fenders I wanna own.

3. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    The bassist of Cruiserweight, a band I saw a few months ago had this bass. It has AWESOME tone. punchy like a P bass, but with the warmth of a Jazz. Hearing that bass wanted me to buy one later that night. Great sounding bass. Download a few songs from www.cruiserweight.com to hear the bass.

4. I own a 1996 American Made Precision Deluxe, I love it, rarely do I used the on board eq but, its there if I need to stand out a bit more, lol.
    Wonderful and my favorite. I also have a MIM 5 string jass but prefer the other, that 5th string half way through a bottle of Jack and into the third set sometimes confuses me, lol.
    :bassist:

5. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    I played one of these at my friend's house once. It had absolutely fantastic tone. Great bottom. The G on it was a little thin though--that's a problem with every fender I've played. I guess it's common. But yeah, that bass is definately worth it.

It is worth noting that you could probably get a much better deal than $550 for it if you look around. My friend got his for $400 I think.

6. Thanks guys, I've begun the money saving process. Anybody else know about this bass?(bump)