1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Deluxe P-bass Special

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CrazyTwoKnobs, Aug 19, 2003.

1. I saw a fender with a P body, J neck, and one of each P-up. Near $550 for an MIM. I really miss that Fender growly noise, and don't want to keep playing my old squier. I like the jazz neck, but don't like how the classic jazz looks, and I dont want to be one of those guys who got a jazz cause everybody else got one. Is this bass worthwhile? I haven't been able to play one in a store, i've only seen them in musician's friend. Has anybody played one? Good, aggressive sound?
    Thanks guys,

2. I like it a lot....especially in the Candy Apple Red w\ gold pickguard.....sorta reminds me of an apple...........

its one of the basses I plan on getting honestly....one of the few Fenders I wanna own.

3. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    The bassist of Cruiserweight, a band I saw a few months ago had this bass. It has AWESOME tone. punchy like a P bass, but with the warmth of a Jazz. Hearing that bass wanted me to buy one later that night. Great sounding bass. Download a few songs from www.cruiserweight.com to hear the bass.

4. I own a 1996 American Made Precision Deluxe, I love it, rarely do I used the on board eq but, its there if I need to stand out a bit more, lol.
    Wonderful and my favorite. I also have a MIM 5 string jass but prefer the other, that 5th string half way through a bottle of Jack and into the third set sometimes confuses me, lol.
    :bassist:

5. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    I played one of these at my friend's house once. It had absolutely fantastic tone. Great bottom. The G on it was a little thin though--that's a problem with every fender I've played. I guess it's common. But yeah, that bass is definately worth it.

It is worth noting that you could probably get a much better deal than $550 for it if you look around. My friend got his for $400 I think.

6. Thanks guys, I've begun the money saving process. Anybody else know about this bass?(bump)