deluxe zone bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Murf, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Hi guys
    Just a quick question, I've recently decided to purchase a deluxe series active jazz bass however I've just come across a review for the Fender deluxe zone bass and it seems like a spankin good piece of kit so I'm wondering has it been released yet? and if so has anyone used one? basically I'm wondering should I hold off on the active jazz and wait till the zone comes out...GAAARGGHH decisions decisions

2. BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Wow I was just looking at that bass. It looks very nice! It says that it was released in July of 2001. I wonder what they sound like. I like that American Deluxe Precision V.
  3. Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Now this is strange, Theres no mention of the zone bass on Fenders website ( yet theres a price listing for it and if you do a google search you get......nothing......??? Does this exist at all..or maybe I just dreamt it..
  4. Tuomas

Mar 14, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    Check out . It's Fender's bass related site that has descriptions of upcoming instruments. And do check out that Victor Bailey Signature Jazz. Gotta have one of those someday.
  5. Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Finally, nice one , damn that is a fine looking bass, the specs are pretty good too, now if there was a way of hearing how it sounds.......
  6. CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Musicians Friend has the American Zone bass listed for sale and the standard also. It is not a cheap bass, but I too would consider buying one once I hear how it sounds.
  7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    While Musician's Fiend has them listed for sale, I am pretty certain that they aren't actually shipping until October. So, they should start showing up in stores early November.