1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DeMars Jay bass guitar.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by magic8161, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:41 PM.

1. magic8161

magic8161

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    Anyone have or own or even heard of DeMars basses? i have a chance to pick one up. its a jazz bass 7.4 pounds but know nothing about them other then they have a web site. thanks

2. basstones

basstones Supporting Member

May 24, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Dan is a good friend of mine, check his DeMars Guitars Facebook page he has a write up on his new Jay bass. hope this helps
    Brian

magic8161 likes this.
  3. magic8161

magic8161

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    So you think a even trade for fender precision midnight 60's for a jay bas would be a good trade? I would imagine if I wanted to sell the J bass sometime it would be tough to do

4. basstones

basstones Supporting Member

May 24, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Not sure to be honest? I haven't played either bass but I do agree on the resale point.

5. Ho Hum

Ho Hum

Feb 9, 2018
    Yes I have a demo j bass from Dan, you have to keep in mind that they are Demo's and have various different machine heads, bridges,controls maybe pickups even, not sure ask Dan he is very aproachable, mine is extremely light without the notorious fender dive that you have to keep adjusting. Resale may be a problem don't know as I have no intention of selling mine, ever, mine has a killer neck better than any fender I have ever played, workmanship spot on, harmonics ring perfect, well done on mine Dan,

basstones and magic8161 like this.