1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Demeter Bass 400..Will it be loud enough?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by glocke1, Mar 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. glocke1

glocke1 Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2002
    PA
    Im pretty ignorant when it comes to amp ratings and overall sound levels in the real world.

Will this amp be enough to be heard over drums/keys/two guitar players ?

Gigs are small to medium sized places, and generally we have good PA support that puts me through the mains/monitors (smaller rooms they haven't been doing this though) for larger outdoor gigs I have a larger setup I can use.

Cabinet is an Eden 2x12 8 ohm cab..I also have a Bag End 8 ohm 1x15 available to me.

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Chillin' n Grillin' on the Best Coast
    Song Surgeon slow downer.
    The Demeter has plenty of watts, with the wrong eq settings, enough to blow up your cab(s).

That being said, it will drive your cabs very well. It puts out 250w at 8 ohms, 400 at 4 ohms.

I suggest adding an HPF to your signal chain. You probably could do most of your gigs with the 2x12.

Check out:High Pass Filter (HPF) and Low Pass Filter (LPF) Mega Thread

You may want to check out the Mesa D800+.

3. glocke1

glocke1 Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2002
    PA
    Yeah I've heard good things about the D800+...I am a pretty big fan of the Demeter sound though....nothing wrong with Mesa. I own a silver/red WA already...

bucephylus likes this.