Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Demeter DSC-1 3x10" Owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vanselus, Jan 31, 2003.

1. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Hey all.

Does anyone BESIDES Joker own the Demeter 310? I'm totally thinking about trying one (since the Wayne Jones cab is a LITTLE out of reach).

Currently I run a DB680/728 into two GS112's - the sound is fat and thick, just the way i loo.. i mean like it! However, I do have a hankerin for a tighter, more cutting sound, but not as clean as the EA/ACME/EPI/BERG sounds (sorry to lump all those together).

Truly, I dig the Aguilar 410, but portability is an issue as well.

Thanks to all - TB rules the earth.

2. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Are you telling me that Joker is the ONLY person in this whole forum that owns one of these?

woah, like... i'm in awe.

3. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    brandin stroy owns one

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Trade in one of your GS112s for a GS210.

I played a DB750 through this setup (one GS112 + one GS210) and it have a very solid B string sound plus a very punchy low mids and great midrange. It is still very portable.

[As always, go listen to it first...]

5. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    You know, that's exactly one of the things i've been considering - adding a GS210. Wouldn't running the 2 GS112's AND the GS210 be even better? Sit both 12's on end then stack the 210 on top... the DB728 is good to go down to 2 ohms, so that should be no problem, or am I just a crack smoking aguilar FANATiC?

Can you describe how the 210/112 sounded?

thanks!!

6. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Yeah, I was wondering what the two GS112 + one GS210 would sound like as well (the DB750 can handle the impedence also). Should sound great.

The GS210 by itself has more punch and way better midrange than one or two GS112s, but it was a little lacking in the lowest registers (that's where the GS112 adds bottom).

[Top to bottom balanced great tone.]

7. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    hey thanks for your input jd. that really helps - sounds like exactly what i'm looking for...

take care

8. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Let me know how it goes after you've checked out this combination.

9. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Van's got a DB728. I was playing them through a DB750 (not two GS112s, just one together with one GS210--twas sweet).

10. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Actually I'll be using the venerable DB680/DB728 combination... handling the load should be no problem. I don't play at HUGE volumes, usually only gain at 10 o'clock, master around 12 o'clock, then the poweramp anywhere from 11 to 1 o'clock - sometimes with the single + boost on & occasionally a little boost at 250 Hz, otherwise flat.

If I end up finding a GS210 for a decent price (i typically only buy used gear) i'll post a review on how it sounds - maybe it will stem that tide of GS112 sales!

thanks for the input Josh!