1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TRADED Demeter HB-600 Amp Head = integrated HBP-1 Tube Preamp + 600W Mosfet Power Amp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bassbooty, Oct 8, 2016.

1. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Price:
    $699
    For sale is Demeter's first integrated preamp/power amp bass head, the Bass 600 (or HB-600). This Demeter head is rare and sounds phenomenal > punchy, clear and warm but present! It features Demeter's high voltage (250v) tube front end (providing all of the preamplifier gain and 3-band tone controls with Presence control) for the classic Demeter tone. Unlike the rather subtle EQ on Demeter's VTBP-201 preamp, this amp also features a separate switchable and very powerful pro-audio quality fully parametric 2- band EQ section that is tuned for bass and will adapt your tone for any environment. The Bass 600 has a tremendously punchy 600 watt Mosfet power section! To my ears, the power section's "robustness" is reminiscent of the mosfet power sections of Mesa Boogie's M6 and M9 Carbine heads. This amp is loud! The tube preamp and fully parametric EQ however is all Demeter! Another nice feature is that unlike the 4 ohm min. impedance on all of Demeter's current bass heads, the Bass 600's minimum impedance is 2 ohms, which enables you to pair either two 4 ohm cabinets or a 4 ohm and an 8 ohm cabinet with it if you so choose. This head is in really great shape (please view the pictures showing all sides of the amp). I'm asking $800 $750 2nd Price Drop down to $699 shipped to CONUS. Please PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking!

Demeter HB-600 racked.

Demeter HB-600 Integrated Bass Amplifier

TUBE PREAMPLIFIER CONTROLS:

Treble:
    a 6 dB per octave shelving high frequency control. Boosts or cuts up to 10 dB. This control affects the 4 kHz to 20 kHz range.
    Middle: a 6 dB per octave peaking mid frequency control. Boosts or cuts up to 10 dB. This control is centered at 1 kHz.
    Bass: a 6 dB per octave shelving low frequency control. Boosts or cuts up to 10 dB. This control af- fects the 120 Hz to 10 Hz range.
    Presence: an active 6 dB per octave shelving upper mid to high frequency control. Boosts in the 1 kHz to 20 kHz range. The flat setting for this control is the knob turned all the way to to the left.

PARAMETRIC EQ:

EQ Switch: switches the parametric EQ in or out of the circuit
    Boost/Cut: controls the boost and cut of the selected frequency plus or minus up to 12 dB.
    Frequency Controls: continuously variable frequency selection for each bandwidth (low frequency or mid frequency). The number shows the center frequency.
    Q or Width Control: controls how wide or narrow the affected frequencies are. The most narrow setting is one half octave and the widest is four octaves around the center frequency.

Specifications:

Input impedance > 1 meg
    Max output (pre-amp): +28dBv
    Signal to noise ratio: -80dB
    Frequency Response: 10Hz to 40KHz
    Equalization (Treble, Middle, Bass): +/- 12dB
    Presence Control: 0dB to 15dB Active Tube Boost Upper Midrange Treble Boost
    Parametric EQ: +/- 15dB Bandwidth Controls 40Hz to 440Hz and 440Hz to 5KHz, Q / width Continuously variable
    Tube: 1 - 12AX7
    Output Pre-Amp: 3 Pin, TRS, Unbalanced 1/4" and 1/4" Tuner
    Min. Load Pre-Amp: 600 Ohms
    Power Supply: 250V full regulated Tube B+ 12.6V Regulated Filament +/- 18 volts regulated/transistor pre-amp +/- 80 volts DC 20,000 mF of Capacitance for MOSFET Power amp
    Output Power: 300 Watts RMS into 8 Ohms, 500 Watts RMS into 4 Ohms, 600 Watts RMS into 2 Ohms
    Amplifier Distortion: 0.04% @ 10 Watts
    Operating power: 110/230V Switchable
    Chassis: All Steel 2 Space Rack 19" x 14" x 3.5"
    Weight: 27 pounds

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    NigelD, pacojas, bassmahn and 2 others like this.
  2. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    d00dr likes this.
  3. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    d00dr likes this.
  4. Matt R

Matt R Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Newbury Park, Ca.
    These are sensational amplifiers. GLWTS.

bassbooty likes this.
  5. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Can't argue with that! Thanks @Matt R !!!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  6. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I'm a Thunderfunk guy, but this looks like my kind of lead sled!

bassbooty likes this.
  7. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Very cool. I remember these! I'm a big HBP-1 fan, and imagine that this has a great sounding power section. I'd be on it if you were interested in a partial trade for a KXB500...

bassbooty likes this.
  8. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    The power section is really BIG sounding with significant heft and combined with the HBP-1 preamp the head is full of punch!

Sorry, I need to recoup some funds because I just purchased another head...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    J.Wolf likes this.
  9. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    2nd Price Drop down to $699 shipped to CONUS! A used Demeter HBP-1 unpowered preamp typically sells for around $450 here on TB…with this head you also get a phenomenal 600 watt Mosfet power section which can be run @ 2 ohms for only an extra $249!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    J.Wolf likes this.
  10. JEDBass

JEDBass

Mar 10, 2009
    West Hartford, CT
    If I didn't already have the VTBP-M-800D I'd be all over this! And it's still tempting!

bassbooty likes this.
  11. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Hope you don't regret this!!

12. speyer

speyer Supporting Member

Deal of the month right here! I just can't bring myself to play rack mount gear anymore. It would T-top every cab I have owned in the past 10 yrs. :banghead:

GLWTS. I played an HBP1 for a long time. Fabulous preamp!! I bet this is amazing.

13. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    It is definitely fabulous and amazing! Thanks @speyer!!!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016