1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Demeter HBP-1 preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by grbassist, Apr 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. grbassist

grbassist

Mar 26, 2018
    Price:
    $350
    I'm selling my Demeter HBP-1 preamp that is in excellent condition. This is one of the best bass preamps ever made. Demeter products are just amazing and this is no exception. Bass Player magazine used to use this to test basses for their magazine reviews. Some people prefer the all passive VTP-201S, but I love the HBP-1 added active eq with parametric control. It's easy to dial in your perfect sound. It was in my main rig at one point, but has been in my smoke free home studio mostly untouched for years. I last used it on two recordings and got incredible tone. I actually modeled it with a Kemper and am pretty happy with that for recording, and it's time to sell a few things.
    I'm new to selling on the forum but have 100% positive feedback on ebay for 15 years under "grbassist"
    $395 shipped CONUS

Specs:
    • High voltage (250V) tube front end (providing all of the preamplifier gain and passive tone controls)
    • Separate Active & Passive inputs
    • 3 band classic Fender tone stack
    • Switchable two band solid state fully parametric equalizer that is tuned for bass
    • Fully adjustable active effects loop with controls up front
    • Tuner output
    • Mute switch
    • Full balanced output with switchable mic or line level
    • Both a balanced TRS line level output and an unbalanced line level output for amplifier connections
    • hand-wired using the finest components and assembled in the U.S.A.

Specifications
    • Input impedance: > 1megohm
    • Minimum load impedance: 600ohms
    • Maximum output: + 24dBV @ 600ohms + 28dB
    • Gain: Adjustable to + 10dB Mid 440Hz to 4KHz
    • EQ gain : + or - 15dB
    • Signal to noise ratio: - 80dB
    • THD : .5%
    • Frequency response : 10Hz to 40kHz
    • Tube: 1-12AX7a selected
    • Parametric EQ: Q or width continuously variable Low 40Hz to 440Hz Mid 440Hz to 4.4KHz
    • Inputs: 1/4" (passive and active) Outputs: 3-pin balanced mic/line, TT, XLR & 1/4"
    • Chassis: Single space rack
    • Operating voltage: 115V/230V AC switchable
    • Power supply: 250V fully regulated
    • Filament: 12.6V fully regulated

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  2. jeffb28451

jeffb28451 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Leland NC
    Tried to use your attachments. Are they the same as you "attached files". The "attachments" are showing error and not working. I am interested in the
    piece, so if you have additional pics or wish to re-do them here, please either send them to me or repost them. Thanks,

Jeff.

3. grbassist

grbassist

Mar 26, 2018
    Ya, this site is a little buggy. They were showing at first, but not now, it won't let me insert now.
    if you look at the bottom of my initial post you can click on the thumbnails.
    I'll try and insert in a new reply

4. grbassist

grbassist

Mar 26, 2018
    Matt R likes this.