1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Demeter HBP-1 Settings

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rick1906, Apr 3, 2006.

1. rick1906

rick1906

Jun 6, 2002
    SD
    I just picked up a Demeter HBP-1 to replace my BMax-t. I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet, so I was wondering if someone could give me some good settings to start off with. I play a Ken Smith BSR5M --> Demeter HBP-1 --> Crest CA-6 --> Bergantino HT210S/EX112S. I mainly play gospel but ocaisionally play funk and R&B.

thanks!

2. Rickter

Rickter Bassist for EverCross, Precision Bass Geek Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Hey Rick, I was searching for info on the HBP1 and found this thread. Hate to see that you never got any responses.

It's off topic, but I currently have a Bmax-T and was wondering if you have been satisfied with the change from the Bmax-T to the HBP-1?

3. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I always ran mine pretty much flat. Maybe a little boost on the low EQ and I usually had the presence around 9 oclock. That was the best more 'pleasing' setting to my ears

I really like the parametric EQ too for correcting room nodes or low frequency 'whoomps' in response.. Turn the bass parametric gain all the way up on the and sweep the frequencies. When you hit the area where it sounds like the cab is feeding back with low end, leave the frequency knob where it is, drop the gain to minus 2-4 dbB, and narrow the Q a bit. Do this on the mids as well if you're battling with a 'boxy' sound. Instant clean up for bass tone.

IMO the HBP-1 is one of the best 1u tube preamps ever. Love that thing, wish I still had it.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Arthur U. Poon and pacojas like this.
  4. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    almost every setting sounds great. just make sure to run the amp more hot than not. increasing your headroom creates the best results, imo.