Demeter on-board pre

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by musicmansf, Jan 18, 2009.

1. musicmansf

musicmansf

Jul 23, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Read some previous posts, but no one seemed to use one in a MM, anybody use these in a Stingray? Thinking about sprucing up mine, or would it not be such a big "ooo---aaahhhhh" upgrade compared to the stock ray on-board pre-amp? Got a VTBP-201s and am VERY happy with it, so figure the more Demeter the better :D

2. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    I think this thread belongs to the "Pickup and Electronics" Forum

3. Before this gets moved, I have a Demeter pre in my James Tyler bass and it's a wonderful bit of kit.

The other pre that's worth thinking about is the filter-based one from ACG. Lots of great tones www.acguitars.co.uk

4. musicmansf

musicmansf

Jul 23, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, I thought about that after I posted:p, but I'm guessing a mod will get on it.

5. musicmansf

musicmansf

Jul 23, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Well that's good. I've heard lots of good things bout em', but nothing bout being implanted in a stingray. I'm wondering if it'll balance out the ray's bottom/top heavy reputation, give it something unique.

6. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    Somebody in here used to swear by them. He outfitted all his Musicmans with Demeters an seemed very satisfied. I don't really see the point in having it if you have the outboard already, just leave your controls flat and use the Demeter

7. musicmansf

musicmansf

Jul 23, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, I can't see it having a huuuuge effect on cleaning up small issues I have with the ray. I mean its a $2000 list bass, the pre-amp is probably just fine lol, but who knows. Too bad this isn't something you can't try out first before installing!

8. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    I had a Demeter pre in a Tobias bass. It smoked.
    But I'd definitely say try an ACG - incredible pre.