Demeter Onboard Pre

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pix52, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Pix52

Dec 11, 2001
    Are these groovy? Does it compare at all to the Bart NTMB? Thanx
  2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I've never played a bass with one, but I have 2 friends that have them. One swears by it, but the other doesn't recommend it, because he feels that the lows are overbearing. I think you should find basses with them installed, like the Modulus basses, and take 'em for a test drive.
  3. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I didn't realize that Modulus offered the Demeter as an option--there's no indication of that on their web page. I could be missing it, though, or the page could just be out of date. However, Matt Pulcinella ( does offer it as an option. Hear's what he says:

I believe John Turner had the Demeter in one or more of his basses at one time, too.

4. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey now!

mike, remember when i had the same question? it seems like Jim's improved upon the design in recent months, cause i remember it used to just merely be a 3 band EQ, and now you talk of this EQ centering. uh oh... I got that GAS'in feelin'. ;)
  5. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I thought I remembered another question about the Demeter! To be honest, I'm not sure what the deal is with the frequency switches. Tyler basses have used the Demeters for a while, and they've always had the switches, as do the Pulcinellas. But the Demeter site doesn't say anything about them, and I thought I remembered JT saying that his unit didn't have any switches.