Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Demeter Onboard Pre

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pix52, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Pix52

Pix52

Dec 11, 2001
    FT. LAUDERDALE, FLA
    Are these groovy? Does it compare at all to the Bart NTMB? Thanx

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I've never played a bass with one, but I have 2 friends that have them. One swears by it, but the other doesn't recommend it, because he feels that the lows are overbearing. I think you should find basses with them installed, like the Modulus basses, and take 'em for a test drive.

3. I didn't realize that Modulus offered the Demeter as an option--there's no indication of that on their web page. I could be missing it, though, or the page could just be out of date. However, Matt Pulcinella (www.mpguitars.com) does offer it as an option. Hear's what he says:

I believe John Turner had the Demeter in one or more of his basses at one time, too.

Mike

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey now!

mike, remember when i had the same question? it seems like Jim's improved upon the design in recent months, cause i remember it used to just merely be a 3 band EQ, and now you talk of this EQ centering. uh oh... I got that GAS'in feelin'. ;)

5. I thought I remembered another question about the Demeter! To be honest, I'm not sure what the deal is with the frequency switches. Tyler basses have used the Demeters for a while, and they've always had the switches, as do the Pulcinellas. But the Demeter site doesn't say anything about them, and I thought I remembered JT saying that his unit didn't have any switches.

Mike