Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Demeter/Stewart 2.1

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basspro2, Feb 20, 2003.

1. basspro2

basspro2 I'm seeing Gorillas...

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
    Anyone out there running this setup? And how do you like it?

2. From what I've read, how could anybody not like it? Honest. Sounds great to me.

3. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    I used to run this setup into 2 Bagend 15's... truly a great, very clear, very powerful, clean punchy sound.

I sold it because i prefer a fatter, warmer tone. The demeter is so clean and transparent it can sound a little bright for my taste - and the Stewart is not the least bit mellow. What made it really bad was the lack of real low end put out by the BE cabs. I was a midrange monster!

JokerNY plays a demeter pre into a stewart into an aguilar cab (or is it a berg now?) and just raves about it...

the demeter pre definitely has a SOUND - and i personally wouldn't call it warm, but it truly is an amazing piece of gear.

4. basspro2

basspro2 I'm seeing Gorillas...

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
    That's funny you said that because everyone is telling me if I do run withthis setup use bergs or epifini cabs.:confused:

5. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Oh I definitely would suggest you NOT run it with BE cabs - to my ears it was just way too much mids and not enough true sound.

I think the Bergs would sound amazing with a Dem/Stew combination. Especially the 322...

6. I run The Dem/Stewart 2.1 thru an Epifani 3x10 and love it. It is very CLEAN if that's what you like and I can understand those who would like a 'warmer' sound.

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    awesome setup...

but what cabs are you thinking of using them with? can make a world of a diff.