Demeter VTBP-201 (old version)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vooch311, Jan 25, 2006.

1. vooch311

Aug 28, 2001
    Wilmington, NC
    Does anyone know where I can find one of these? The old black 1.5RU model with the Jensen XLR output in the rear.

My previous one was stolen :crying: and I can't find a replacement ANYWHERE. Thanks in advance if you can find me one!
  2. BStringJerry

Aug 5, 2005
  3. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    For what its worth, I've got a 201S that sounds reeeeel nice to my ears. I've never tried one of those blackface units though.
  4. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

That one on ebay is the model without the DI.
  5. That is actually NOT what he is looking for. The unit in the auction looks pretty heavily modified...if not actually a stripped down unit. It does not have a D.I. at all on the rear panel, and to be honest, the knobs, switches, etc are not like my 1.5 space "blackface" Demeter VTBP-201.
  6. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Man, no one wants one when I'm selling it. I had a blackface one with nice tubes and the Jensen D.I. for sale here on TB for a while and had no I ended up selling it locally to a player who was thrilled.

Oh well, not much help, eh? :meh:

7. vooch311

Aug 28, 2001
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah that one on ebay is close but no cigar. The one Im lookin for doesnt have that blue light on it (+ the Jensen XLR).

Thanks for lookin out though! Keep your eyes open!
  8. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I had both the 1 ru and the 1,5 ru in the house for a while. They are so close that I think the real difference boils down to the tubes installed. I would broadedn your wearch to include the 1 ru as well.

Nice preamps for sure, but I prefer a preamp with actual tone controls ...