Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Demeter VTBP-201s

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by BStringJerry, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BStringJerry

BStringJerry

Aug 5, 2005
    Texas
    I have a Demeter VTBP-201s I want to sell. It's in great condition - it's spent all it time in a rack. It has the normal rack rash. I'll take $475 + shipping

2. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    i love this preamp. i'm currently selling an SWR SM400s to buy a poweramp for this pre...it is such a clean, clear and wonderful pre. what were you using with this to amplify? did you like the sound of the combo?

3. BStringJerry

BStringJerry

Aug 5, 2005
    Texas
    I was using a Crest CA6 and it sounded great. But I just got an Ampeg SVP CL and I like that sound better for me. I'll probably kick myself later for getting rid of it, and if someone doesn't get it soon I may just keep it.

4. Nagan60

Nagan60

Jan 15, 2005
    Roanoke, VA
    Do you have any pics of your pre-amp. I been interested in this particular pre-amp for awhile. I have a Ampeg SVPPRO and I want something else. Also what kind of arrangements will you work out.

5. Groove Theory

Groove Theory Grizzly Adams DID have a beard.

Oct 3, 2004
    The Psychiatric Ward
    okay I have to chime in here. I've got the older VTBP-201 (the 1.5 space one) which is basically the same as this, and it's gotta be the best pre I've played out of. it completely cured any preamp GAS I've had. I'd highly recommend it, plus this is a good price. if anyone out there is on the wall about this, I would say go for it, you won't be disappointed...

Free bump bro...:D

6. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    i agree with groove theory...i have the VTBP-201s. I believe that the main difference is the jensen balanced out. i use this preamp going right into a digi 002 for protools recording and the jensen is fantastic. i run all guitars and basses through this preamp. it is unbelievably warm without coloring the sound. you can really hear your bass through this preamp. i'm so in love with mine that i'm selling my SWR SM-400s amp to buy a poweramp so that this pre will be in my live rig and studio rig. c'mon folks, this shouldn't be available for this long...

7. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    bump for a great pre at the RIGHT price!!!

8. BStringJerry

BStringJerry

Aug 5, 2005
    Texas
    Hey guys - Thanks for all the bumps and good comments. I think ya'll have just talked me into keeping this preamp. I'll just mark it -

SOLD!

to me.

Thanks guys!

9. ptidwell

ptidwell Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
    PM me if you change your mind!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.